all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Cannot update packages (keyring issue)
@ 2019-10-03 16:10 Joe Riel
From: Joe Riel @ 2019-10-03 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help GNU Emacs

I have Emacs 25 and cannot update the package list, or install packages,
because, apparently, the keyring is out-of-date.  I saw a reference to
a new package gnu-elpa-keyring-update, that is supposed to solve the
problem, but, naturally, package-install won't work because of the
above issue.

What's the best way to fix this?  Will the package work with Emacs 25?

--
Joe Riel

* Re: Cannot update packages (keyring issue)
@ 2019-10-03 17:37 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2019-10-03 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Riel; +Cc: Help GNU Emacs

    Joe> I have Emacs 25 and cannot update the package list, or install packages,
    Joe> because, apparently, the keyring is out-of-date.  I saw a reference to
    Joe> a new package gnu-elpa-keyring-update, that is supposed to solve the
    Joe> problem, but, naturally, package-install won't work because of the
    Joe> above issue.

    Joe> What's the best way to fix this?

You can temporarily set package-check-signature to nil, install the
keyring update, then set it back. The description of the
gnu-elpa-keyring-update package lists a couple of other options.

    Joe> Will the package work with Emacs 25?

Probably, but Iʼve never tested it :-)

Robert

* Re: Cannot update packages (keyring issue)
@ 2019-10-03 18:13 ` Vladimir Sedach
From: Vladimir Sedach @ 2019-10-03 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Riel; +Cc: Help GNU Emacs

You can import the new key from the PGP key servers into the ELPA
key ring with:

gpg --homedir ~/.emacs.d/elpa/gnupg --receive-keys 066DAFCB81E42C40

This will fetch the key with ID 066DAFCB81E42C40 from the default key
server.

--
Vladimir Sedach
Software engineering services in Los Angeles https://oneofus.la