On Sun, Sep 01, 2019 at 05:57:07AM +0200, Ergus wrote: > Hi: > > Sorry if this is a too dumb question, but I don't find any related > reference. > > What's the recommended method to do out of source compilation? You are talking about compiling Emacs from source? > Right now I am doing a cd dir && make. But maybe there is > something else, more complete? > > Maybe a variable in the locals file?? Or a set command? If my guess above was right, it's easy (this is true of most well managed "modern" Autotools projects): - just make yourself a build directory somewhere (in my case it's just a neighbour of the source dir, but that's not necessary) - cd to your build directory - call configure script from your build directory - the build machinery gets deployed in your build directory. - do there make && make install as usual. Cheers -- t