On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 01:58:14PM +0200, ndame wrote: > > Hm. Doing "M-x package-list-packages" and searching there for "kill" yields a  > > few hits, among them: > > As I said I know about such external packages, and it was only an example. > I'm just wondering if there is policy of keeping the core (elpa included) small to > lessen the burden of emacs maintainers, or there is no such policy,  > and if people submitted the necessary papers then they could dump packages into > elpa by the thousand. I'd first try one :-) No, seriously. On the other side there are people, not machines. But as far as contributing to GNU Elpa is concerned, [1] and [2] give a pretty complete overview Cheers [1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ELPA [2] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/plain/README -- tomás