On Sat, Jun 08, 2019 at 09:40:07PM +0200, Óscar Fuentes wrote: > writes: > > > On Sat, Jun 08, 2019 at 04:30:14PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: [...] > > Well said. The only one stepping forward with some code was Stefan, > > and personally, I find it a bit discouraging > > What I find discouraging is this phrase on the above quoted message: > > >> ... Suffices it to say that several times during the recent years > >> when we needed to make seemingly-simple changes and fixes in that > >> code, no one had the courage to approve such changes. > > I'm sure that that is not Eli's intention, but encouraging it is not. It's expected. Big software organisms are like that. Try hacking on Mozilla, or Eclipse, or... I think Emacs fares quite well compared to that, more so given its age. > > that folks just keep > > saying what "Emacs Should Do" without investing much effort into > > understanding what's there and what other users need/want. > > Care to explain how the proposed change would take away from you? I think I explained that twice. Won't repeat. > > Software development is a collective effort, and it takes listening > > as well as talking, I think. > > I listened as hard as I can, and still don't understand why you react > this way to this issue, when several times we explicitly said that > nothing would change on the default behavior. Sorry if I hurt you in any way. Cheers -- tomás