On Sat, Jun 08, 2019 at 10:54:17PM +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote: > > > > On Jun 8, 2019, at 22:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > > We have an enormously complex piece of software on > > our hands, and we have no better choice than going the "inconvenient" > > ways when we want to rebind an unusual key. > > In all honesty: > > (define-key input-decode-map "\C-[" [C-left-bracket]) > (define-key global-map [C-left-bracket] 'myfunction) > > is not inconvenient at all. What is inconvenient is the discovery process. Then documentation is the way forward, perhaps? > Knowing what I know about emacs (which is above the casual user) and even with the willingness to go through the manual, it would have been (it *has* been) impossible for me to find that solution. > > Now, what I'd love to know is what are the other "unusual" keys, because as a group, they deserve a few more lines in the manual. A good set of candidates would be all those control characters (the first 31 in man ascii(7)) which are customarily bound to a key (like CTRL-C, aka ETX, CTRL-\, aka FS, and so on). Care to compile a list? Cheers -- tomás