On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 03:15:21AM +0100, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote: >Ergus writes: > >> I am looking in the manual for two isearch functionalities that maybe >> are already implemented, but I don't find them. Else maybe it is not >> so complex to do in elisp (at least for my config) And you could suggest >> a right way to implement it. >> >> 1) isearch-yank-thing-at-point, this should be similar to >> isearch-yank-word, but if the cursor is in the middle of a word >> it may insert the whole word not just the rest of the current word. >> >> (swiper provides this with M-n) > >The closest to this that I'm aware of is >isearch-forward-symbol-at-point, bound to 'M-s .' by default. > >> 2) In "transient-mark-mode" if the region is active before C-s, the >> initial input could be the text in the region. Is it there a way to >> enable that behavior? >> >> An alternative for this is a command that yanks the region's text in the >> minibuffer when isearch is active so we could bind it in the isearch-map >> (for example to M-f). >> >> Are some of these already implemented? > >I'm not familiar with any built-in versions of the rest of the >functionality you describe, but I'm no expert. If it is indeed not >currently present, I for one would welcome such additions. > >Thanks, > >-- >Basil > Hi Basil: I just made a small change in isearch.el to enable region text auto insertion in transient-mark-mode. (patch attached) I did it as simple as I could. So please if you (or any anyone) could give a look and correct/improve/expose corner cases, or suggest a better implementation will be very nice. I don't have corner cases right now, but I just started testing it. So any correction/suggestion/recommendation is very appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ergus