On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 08:41:07AM +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote: > > > > On Feb 21, 2019, at 2:25, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote: > > > >> I build on 10.14 all the time. Do you perhaps have GNU binutils > >> installed? Itʼs possible youʼre running the wrong 'ar'. > > > > Perhaps a stupid question, but... did you "make distclean" before? > > Thank you Thomas, I'll try that. I usually do git pull and then build and never run into any problems. I'll report. I can't (yet?) put my finger on it, but from time to time I have the impression that some build debris sneaks into the check-out. I've had problems in compiling which disappear magically after a make distcheck (I've first to do a configure to be able to do that, since the makefile isn't there yet: I call that the "double phoenix manœuvre" or something ;-) FWIW I build in a separate directory, which is always empty at the start. Cheers -- t