On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 04:16:25PM +0100, Michael Albinus wrote: > Stefan Monnier writes: > > Hi Stefan, > > > Part of the idea is that, if you're not compiling Emacs yourself, > > accessing the C source code is much less useful. > > Like for every general rule, there are counter examples. I, for example, > cannot build Emacs under MS Windows, I'm bound to > distributions. Nevertheless, I could use the C sources when debugging > there, in order to read them. I concur: one of Emacs's strong points is that it readily gives you easy access to its innards (the "study" part in the four freedoms, after all :-) Cheers -- t