all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* missing src/ directory for eval.c (Was: 1L?)
@ 2019-02-11 11:35 Van Ly
From: Van Ly @ 2019-02-11 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> If I were you, I'd file a bug report with NetBSD.

The packaged distribution’s behaviour for GNU/Emacs 22 is identical. This is the original GNU/Emacs found on the Mac. The src/ directory is missing for eval.c .

Unlike the Lisp files, the C files are not targeted and placed outside of the source distribution by `make install`. It seems.

And, maintainers for 4 package variants, 3 installer variants, 2 hardware vendor variants may not be aware, or, this is what God intends.

>> Previously, when I was building GNU/Emacs directly
>> from src the click on 'C source code' just worked.
>
> That's what I still do. It still works.

With more experience packaging and distributing GNU/Emacs, I want to believe the packages for masses by maintaners are better than what I can roll my own. It may not "just work" for you and me if we move the git-repo after `make install`.

Thanks.

v.