all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Font controls for org mode
@ 2018-07-31 23:03 Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2018-07-31 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Using GNU Emacs 25.3.2 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04

I've created a test .org document and successfully exported to
LibreOffice Writer in OpenDocumentText (.odt) format. All text is
exported as Times New Roman.

Two questions about which I'm sure I'd be edified if pointers or
URLs are given to discussions and keywords - or variable names:

1: How might I change the exported text format to (for instance)
verdana?

2: Is there a way to selectively control blocks of text for font
size or font family in the same way as one does *bold*? I.E.
appropriate markdowns.

Thanks
--
Tim Johnson
http://www.tj49.com

* Re: Font controls for org mode
       [not found] <mailman.4497.1533078217.1292.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2018-08-02 10:11 ` Rusi
From: Rusi @ 2018-08-02 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 4:33:39 AM UTC+5:30, Tim Johnson wrote:
> Using GNU Emacs 25.3.2 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04
>
> I've created a test .org document and successfully exported to
> LibreOffice Writer in OpenDocumentText (.odt) format. All text is
> exported as Times New Roman.
>
> Two questions about which I'm sure I'd be edified if pointers or
> URLs are given to discussions and keywords - or variable names:
>
> 1: How might I change the exported text format to (for instance)
> verdana?
>
> 2: Is there a way to selectively control blocks of text for font
> size or font family in the same way as one does *bold*? I.E.
> appropriate markdowns.

(info "(org) Applying custom styles")
is probably the starting point you are looking for

[Disclaimer: Last I tried I got stuck in the stylist but then thats a libreoffice issue not emacs/org]

Overall I'd suggest the org mailing-list for org questions

* Re: Font controls for org mode
@ 2018-08-02 15:38   ` Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2018-08-02 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> [180802 02:20]:
> On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 4:33:39 AM UTC+5:30, Tim Johnson wrote:
> > Using GNU Emacs 25.3.2 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04
> >
> > I've created a test .org document and successfully exported to
> > LibreOffice Writer in OpenDocumentText (.odt) format. All text is
> > exported as Times New Roman.
> >
> > Two questions about which I'm sure I'd be edified if pointers or
> > URLs are given to discussions and keywords - or variable names:
> >
> > 1: How might I change the exported text format to (for instance)
> > verdana?
> >
> > 2: Is there a way to selectively control blocks of text for font
> > size or font family in the same way as one does *bold*? I.E.
> > appropriate markdowns.
>
> (info "(org) Applying custom styles")
> is probably the starting point you are looking for
  Understood.
> [Disclaimer: Last I tried I got stuck in the stylist but then thats a libreoffice issue not emacs/org]
>
> Overall I'd suggest the org mailing-list for org questions
  Done:
  Thank you, didn't know about the ML. A bonus for me.
  cheers
--
Tim Johnson
http://www.tj49.com