all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* make-network-process: Breaks after recent update from GitHub
@ 2018-07-12 20:24 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2018-07-12 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Looks like that function went through some changes last week -- (july
9 etc) and a fresh build from GitHub results in the following call
failing:
(git blame shows both Stephane and Noam working around that area of
the code)

(make-network-process  :name "nc-connect"
                                   :family 'local
                                   :remote "/tmp/foo)
where /tmp/foo is a socket in /tmp.

The error thrown doesn't say anything useful, backtrace indicates it
got nil where it expected a string.

The same call works in 26.1 -- and worked on Emacs built from head
until I updated yesterday evening.

--
Id: kg:/m/0285kf1

--
Id: kg:/m/0285kf1

* Re: make-network-process: Breaks after recent update from GitHub
@ 2018-07-12 23:51 ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2018-07-12 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: Emacs developers

On 12 July 2018 at 16:24, T.V Raman <raman@google.com> wrote:
> Looks like that function went through some changes last week -- (july
> 9 etc) and a fresh build from GitHub results in the following call
> failing:
> (git blame shows both Stephane and Noam working around that area of
> the code)
>
> (make-network-process  :name "nc-connect"
>                                    :family 'local
>                                    :remote "/tmp/foo)
> where /tmp/foo is a socket in /tmp.

Yes, thanks for reporting that, I added an extra "!". Should be fixed
as of [1: 5cc7c4b48a].

[1: 5cc7c4b48a]: 2018-07-12 19:43:00 -0400
  Fix previous make-network-process change
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=5cc7c4b48a2d6eca5d14d12b1cd258bf9cabde74