On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 09:02:35PM +0100, Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong wrote: > >> Case 2 repro: > >> > >> Put this into your init file: > >> > >> (set-fontset-font "fontset-default" 'unicode "Apple Color Emoji" nil > >> 'append) > >> > >> Crashes on start up. > > Again I can’t reproduce it. Do you have anything else in your init.el > > that might try to display an emoji or similar? In fact, you’ve got the > > colour emoji patch applied, right? I wonder if that changes > > something... > Yes I have MacPort's multifonts_color patch applied. It doesn’t make any difference here. It’s odd. Can you reproduce the crash using -Q? Do you have symbola installed? > >> Case 3 repro: > >> > >> 1. Goto System Preferences > Keyword and turn on Show keyboard and emoji > >> viewers in menu bar. > >> 2. Go to emacs NS port, turn on Show Emoji & Symbols to get the emoji > >> viewer out, insert some Emoji > >> 3. Internal Error dialog pops up, Emacs caught the crash this time. > > This isn’t a crash, right? I’m pretty sure this is fixed in master, > > specifically commit 703ac3ea1c1ce381f385469a0e88bc29d3fe83c2. I think > > this should be easily back ported to Emacs 26 if it’s causing crashes. > This is a crash, but not a fatal crash, it's the Emacs NS port or Cocoa > caught it and popped up an Internal Error dialog. For the dialog I can > choose to let it crash the entire process or continue and ignore it. Two patches attached which I believe fix this in emacs-26. I think they’re safe. The second patch is part of commit 1daac66a6eedbcbfa32ab920b5c579872d989517 on master, but it adds a new feature, so probably shouldn’t be applied in full. -- Alan Third