all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden@speakeasy.net>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: python mode bugs
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 14:16:42 -0400	[thread overview]

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 15:50:15 -0400
"James K. Lowden" <jklowden@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> 1.  GNU bug report logs - #29717[1]: imenu does not recognize function
> definitions with annotations.

Just to remind the casual reader, this is a non-issue.  imenu works
just fine by iteself: with "emacs -Q", it annotations do not interefere
with recognizing Python function defintions.

The source of conflict in my .emacs file is apparently one important
line:

	(semantic-mode 1)

If semantic is never enabled, imenu works as advertised.  After semantic
is enabled, imenu stops working (c-C c-J fails to jump to most
functions).  Turning semantic-mode off after it's been enabled makes no
difference: it's broken, and you get to keep both pieces.

Now that I know about it, it's not a giant problem.  I can have two
emacs sessions, one for Python without semantic, and the other with
semantic and not for Python.

However, if someone wants to look into it further, I'm happy to provide
such information as I can to help narrow down the conflict, if that's
what it is.

--jkl