all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Copy whitespace-delimited text to variable
@ 2018-03-07 22:40 Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2018-03-07 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

GNU Emacs 25.1. on ubuntu 14.04

Is there an elisp function which would return the whitespace
delimited text preceding the cursor?

Example: in elpy
g.args (where cursor is at or following 's')
(current-word) would just return 'args', I need 'g.args'
and I don't wish to modify the syntax table.

Before I roll my own, I'd rather not re-invent the wheel...
thanks
--
Tim

[parent not found: <mailman.10256.1520462425.27995.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]