On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 06:56:20PM +0000, Alan Third wrote: > On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 05:57:32PM +0000, Philipp Stephani wrote: > > It seems like in the macOS input model, we can't: either we strip away all > > modifiers, or none. > > It appears you can using some Carbon stuff. Half‐assed proof of > concept patch attached. Better version attached. Is there any reason to avoid Carbon code? I’m not aware of any, and if it’s OK then I think this finally solves this problem. (It might be best to get someone with a different keyboard layout than me to test it. The only reason I have for using alt as a shift key is to type ‘#’ or ‘€’.) -- Alan Third