On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 05:57:32PM +0000, Philipp Stephani wrote: > Anders Lindgren schrieb am Sa., 2. Jan. 2016 um > 09:08 Uhr: > > > I found a case where the code in question is needed, which none of the > > suggested patches handle correctly. > > > > Steps to repeat: > > > > (setq ns-alternate-modifier nil) > > > > Press left CMD-ALT-9 > > > > An unmodified Emacs replies "s-]" is not bound. (This assumes a > > Swedish keyboard layout, other layouts would yield a different character, > > but the principle is the same). > > > > With either of the two patches, Emacs respond with "s-9" is not bound, > > which isn't correct. > > > > In the current master this is now interpreted as M-s-9, which is at least > somewhat reasonable. For me it’s s-9, not M-s-9. > > Unfortunately, I don't know how to distinguish between the cases where we > > need to strip away modifiers (C-s-a) and when we shouldn't, so I'm leaving > > this open for now. > > > > It seems like in the macOS input model, we can't: either we strip away all > modifiers, or none. It appears you can using some Carbon stuff. Half‐assed proof of concept patch attached. (It’s broken the arrow keys, and I don’t know why...) -- Alan Third