Package: emacs Version: all recent Dear Emacs maintainers! A few years ago, I filed a bug about debugging unter Emacs with gud and gdb. The problem is that often times when a halt at a breakpoint requires a source file to load, the source file replaces the *gud-something* buffer, which is extremely disruptive to the work flow. One expects to continue typing in gud but finds oneself instead typing into some source file buffer. After more careful observation, I think that this problem occurs especially when there's another * buffer, particularly the *compilation* buffer, present. This often occurs in my work setting: I fix a bug by editing the file, I let emacs recompile (run make), I load the new binary into the debugger and run it again. Please forward this information to the gud-mode maintainers, it might be helpful, and it might help many people who find this behaviour quite disturbing. Best regards Claus -- Claus Fischer http://www.clausfischer.com/