On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 03:05:02PM +0000, Philipp Stephani wrote: > Alan Third schrieb am Mo., 1. Jan. 2018 um 15:59 Uhr: > > > I’d think it’s the user’s responsibility to make sure /usr/local/bin > > is on their path if they want to use homebrew stuff? > > > > > /usr/local/bin doesn't contain makeinfo when installed via Homebrew. This > is intentional; `brew info texinfo` says > If you need to have this software first in your PATH run: > echo 'export PATH="/usr/local/opt/texinfo/bin:$PATH"' >> ~/.bash_profile > > I can obviously do that or set MAKEINFO explicitly when invoking configure, > but it would be nice if configure detected this situation automatically. Ah, I think I must have linked it into /usr/local/bin myself. Do you have any idea if other packaging tools do similar things? Patch attached. -- Alan Third