Hi. I'm not a member of the list, but I wanted to share some code that I think would be useful for emacs users... The attached code allows one to left-justify footnote text from the first column of text, instead of from the left margin. I find this aesthetically preferable, especially when I have long footnotes. Once the code is evaluated and one has footnote-mode enabled, `C-c ! q' toggles the feature. Then, whenever one performs an auto-fill, `M-q'', feature acts. Of course, if one has visual-line-mode enabled, the auto-fill acts automatically. The current code is set up as defadvice-s (that's how long I've ended up sitting on it), but if emacs wants it integrated into the mode, there's no need for that. -- hkp://keys.gnupg.net CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0