On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 04:49:16PM +0100, Duncan Harvey wrote: > > On macOS Sierra, creating the new frame appears to create a macOS-style tab in the same 'space'. > On El Capitan, creating the new frame creates a new Mac OS X 'space'. Emacs 26 shouldn’t create a new tab any more. > Animating the creation of a new space certainly appears to be > relatively slow (when running under a VM, at least), which lends > weight to your suspicion that it's timing related. I can’t see any way around this in C. I can’t even find a way to prevent native fullscreen from animating, so I’ve gone with just causing toggle-frame-fullscreen to pause for 1 second on macOS. I don’t think anyone will be too bothered by this as I don’t think you can realistically do anything in Emacs while the animation is running anyway. BTW, running your script with native fullscreen disabled causes a crash here, and this pause fixes that too. In theory non‐native fullscreen should happen instantly, but there’s a pause in the C code too to fix another issue, so whatever. (see bug#28443) Patch attached. -- Alan Third