I'm not sure how much of this email will be actionable, but I wanted to at least let y'all know about a problem we've seen building Emacs 25.1 on Ubuntu 17.04 arm64. Quick background: In Ubuntu we have a few minor changes above the package in Debian, which we mostly inherit. One of those changes is that we build with -j1 on arm64 only. There are a couple of other changes that shouldn't have an impact on the problem I'll describe, but the changelogs can be easily inspected. In any case, for several weeks now we've seen Emacs segfault on arm64 builders consistently in what I think are the CEDET tests. The full traceback, when we've been able to capture it, is here: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/302409391/gdb-bt-full.txt The full build log is here: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/310046964/buildlog_ubuntu-zesty-arm64.emacs25_25.1+1-3ubuntu3~ppa0_BUILDING.txt.gz (scroll to the bottom to see the crash) and the bug that tracks this is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs25/+bug/1656474 We're using gcc based on 6.2.1/6.3.0 (depending on the build). All the other architectures have been building fine, but arm64 crashes consistently on our build machines. Attempts to reproduce the crash on development machines, even on arm64 chroots and bare metal have not been successful, so debugging the problem isn't easy. Based on some research into other crashes, various other attempts to work around the problem, and some discussions among Ubuntu developers on IRC, we wondered whether turning off optimization would help. Indeed, adding -O0 to CFLAGS only on arm64 solved the problem in a test build. I've now uploaded a new build to the archive with -O0 on arm64 and I expect this to build and get published once it's approved (Ubuntu is currently in final beta freeze). I'll watch this thread via Gmane and try to answer any additional questions you might have. As I said, I'm not sure what the Emacs developers can do about it, but I wanted you to know about the problem and how we think we've solved it. Cheers, -Barry