all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how do I get tern working with emacs using company
@ 2017-03-08 12:02 Krishnakant
From: Krishnakant @ 2017-03-08 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Dear all,

I am trying to get term to work with emacs on Ubuntu 16.04.

But when I go in turn-mode and then do M-x company-mode I get this error.

"searching for program, no such file or directory tern".

I am using ubuntu 16.04 and did not find a package that supports
tern-mode in emacs.

Can any one help?

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.

* Re: how do I get tern working with emacs using company
@ 2017-03-08 12:17 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2017-03-08 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: how do I get tern working with emacs using company
@ 2017-03-08 12:21   ` Krishnakant
From: Krishnakant @ 2017-03-08 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomas, help-gnu-emacs

@ 2017-03-08 12:39 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2017-03-08 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishnakant, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On 08.03.2017 14:02, Krishnakant wrote:

> I am trying to get term to work with emacs on Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> But when I go in turn-mode and then do M-x company-mode I get this error.
>
> "searching for program, no such file or directory tern".

company-tern uses tern-command, defined in tern.el.

This is not a company question, it's a tern question. It has its own
website, GitHub repo, and probably some relevant answers on Reddit,
emacs.stackexchange.com, etc.

Offhand, you probably need to

npm install -g tern