On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 06:45:46PM +0100, martin rudalics wrote: > > I agree, but I'm not sure we have anyone aboard who can tell. > > Neither am I. > > > Failing that, would unbinding the above solve the problem? > > Forcefully. > > > If so, we > > could suggest that to people as workaround, until we find a proper > > solution. > > Please do that. Maybe in a way that people who simply wonder why their > default font settings all of a sudden get overridden do not have to > understand what's going on. Something like "If you see this happen, put > > (define-key special-event-map [config-changed-event] 'ignore) > > into your .emacs.". Hmmm ... couldn't that be a line within the API for (custom-set-faces) My guess is that the dynamic font changing feature might be there to support switching system fonts with gconf/dconf at runtime(?). This might happen if such a change triggers an event Werner -- "Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool." -- Edward Burr