all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs - LaTeX: problems after [0] pages.
@ 2016-12-21 18:03 vernin
From: vernin @ 2016-12-21 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I use a MakBookPro, with MacOS Sierra 10.12.2
I use emacs for tex file that I compile by C-c C-c

I changed my system and now, when I do: C-c C-c truc.tex, the system answers:
LaTeX: problems after [0] pages.
There is no truc.log created

If I do: pdflatex truc.tex in the Terminal, all is correct.

I tried:
MacBook-Pro-de-Jacques:Naples jacquesvernin$ which pdflatex
/Library/TeX/texbin/pdflatex

and, in my .emacs, I put:
(setenv "PATH"
   (concat
    "/Library/TeX/texbin"  ;%%%% ajoutÈ le 19/12
    "/usr/texbin"
    ":"
    (getenv "PATH")
    )
)

No change!

I do not know what to do.

Thank you.

* Re: emacs - LaTeX: problems after [0] pages.
@ 2016-12-21 19:00 ` John Mastro
From: John Mastro @ 2016-12-21 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org; +Cc: vernin

<vernin@sfr.fr> wrote:
> I use a MakBookPro, with MacOS Sierra 10.12.2
> I use emacs for tex file that I compile by C-c C-c
>
> I changed my system and now, when I do: C-c C-c truc.tex, the system answers:
> LaTeX: problems after [0] pages.
> There is no truc.log created
>
> If I do: pdflatex truc.tex in the Terminal, all is correct.
>
> I tried:
> MacBook-Pro-de-Jacques:Naples jacquesvernin$ which pdflatex
> /Library/TeX/texbin/pdflatex
>
> and, in my .emacs, I put:
> (setenv "PATH"
>    (concat
>     "/Library/TeX/texbin"  ;%%%% ajoutÈ le 19/12
>     "/usr/texbin"
>     ":"
>     (getenv "PATH")
>     )
> )
>
> No change!

I'm not familiar with any of TeX, LaTeX, or pdflatex, so I can't
really say if this will help, but shouldn't the PATH setting be
something like the below?

(setenv "PATH"
        (concat "/Library/TeX/texbin"
                ":" ;; <--- Another colon here to separate the elements
                "/usr/texbin"
                ":"
                (getenv "PATH")))

Otherwise you're adding "/Library/TeX/texbin/usr/texbin", which I don't
think is what you intend.

        John

* Re: emacs - LaTeX: problems after [0] pages.
@ 2016-12-21 19:45 ` Ernest Adrogué
From: Ernest Adrogué @ 2016-12-21 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

2016-12-21, 10:03 (-0800); vernin@sfr.fr escriu:
> I use a MakBookPro, with MacOS Sierra 10.12.2
> I use emacs for tex file that I compile by C-c C-c
>
> I changed my system and now, when I do: C-c C-c truc.tex, the system answers:
> LaTeX: problems after [0] pages.
> There is no truc.log created
>
> If I do: pdflatex truc.tex in the Terminal, all is correct.
>
> I tried:
> MacBook-Pro-de-Jacques:Naples jacquesvernin$ which pdflatex
> /Library/TeX/texbin/pdflatex
>
> and, in my .emacs, I put:
> (setenv "PATH"
>    (concat
>     "/Library/TeX/texbin"  ;%%%% ajoutÈ le 19/12
>     "/usr/texbin"
>     ":"
>     (getenv "PATH")
>     )
> )
>
> No change!
>
> I do not know what to do.

If you do C-c C-l after compiling the document, Emacs will open a buffer
showing LaTeX's output, that should give some clues.  Also look in the
*Messages* buffers.