all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* please reopen bug #8108 (debugging pre-write-conversion in define-coding-system)
@ 2016-12-10  6:51 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2016-12-10  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: handa

Folks,

please re-open https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8108 –
I've just tested it (with git emacs 2016-12-03), and the problem
persists.  I now believe that I made a mistake saying that it was
fixed then :-/

Any help here is highly appreciated :-)

    Werner

* Re: please reopen bug #8108 (debugging pre-write-conversion in define-coding-system)
@ 2016-12-10  7:28 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-12-10  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Werner LEMBERG; +Cc: handa, emacs-devel

unarchive 8108
reopen 8108
thanks

> Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 07:51:58 +0100 (CET)
> From: Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org>
> Cc: handa@gnu.org
>
> please re-open https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8108
Done.

> Any help here is highly appreciated :-)

I suggested some ways of investigating this back then, please see the
followups to your OP.

* Re: please reopen bug #8108 (debugging pre-write-conversion in define-coding-system)
@ 2016-12-10  7:43   ` Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2016-12-10  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eliz; +Cc: handa, emacs-devel

>> please re-open https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8108 –
>
> Done.

Thanks.

>> Any help here is highly appreciated :-)
>
> I suggested some ways of investigating this back then, please see
> the followups to your OP.

I will do, as soon time permits – this would solve my particular
problem with `cjk-coding'.  However, it does *not* solve the general
issue that a function registered as a hook for `pre-write-conversion'
can't be debugged with Edebug, which definitely worked around 2005.

    Werner