all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Strange tramp behaviour when using a mobile access point
@ 2016-11-21 17:02 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2016-11-21 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm using tramp to connect to a ftp server (ftpperso.free.fr). It works
fine from my home computer, using through a landline.

When commuting by train, I have:
* my mobile phone (Android) providing a wifi access point
* my laptop using this wifi connection
I can access then access the ftp server in a web browser but tramp gives
me a never ending list of:

Opening FTP connection to ftpperso.free.fr...done
Logging in as user mylogin@ftpperso.free.fr...done
Getting PWD...done
Doing CD...done
Listing /ftp:ftpperso.free.fr:/... [2 times]
Opening FTP connection to ftpperso.free.fr...done
Logging in as user mylogin@ftpperso.free.fr...done
Getting PWD...done
Doing CD...done

and never connects.

Any idea what could be going wrong ?

Julien.

* Re: Strange tramp behaviour when using a mobile access point
@ 2016-11-21 20:20 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2016-11-21 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs