On 12/13/15 at 09:33pm, Vasilij Schneidermann wrote: > What if one would just create a deep copy of the log that can be > safely used externally? Apparently not even that is necessary. I wrote another variant of the patch that disables the check for a running profiler before generating a report, avoids erroring out if generating a report for a non-running profiler and doesn't reset the log after stopping. Either my testing has been too superficial and something unexpected will come bite me or the comments are simply outdated. I've taken the liberty to include Paul Eggert and Stefan Monnier into the CC as they've contributed several patches to profiler.c and should be able to illuminate this matter.