all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* comint-previous-input mangles current line
@ 2015-08-18 15:32 Joe Riel
From: Joe Riel @ 2015-08-18 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help GNU Emacs

Is there a simple fix for the following problem.
I'm running shell.  I then use C-up (comint-previous-input)
to scroll through the history of inputs.  This
mangles the input on the screen.  For example,
if I had

src $ echo nonsense
nonsense
src $ [type C-up]

The last line becomes

echo nonsensesrc $

That is, the previous command is displayed before the prompt.

Sometimes, when starting emacs this works fine.
Sometimes it does not.  When not, it never works
properly.

--
Joe Riel

* Re: comint-previous-input mangles current line
@ 2015-08-18 16:30 ` Joe Riel
From: Joe Riel @ 2015-08-18 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:32:56 -0700
Joe Riel <joer@san.rr.com> wrote:

> Is there a simple fix for the following problem.
> I'm running shell.  I then use C-up (comint-previous-input)
> to scroll through the history of inputs.  This
> mangles the input on the screen.  For example,
> if I had
>
> src $ echo nonsense
> nonsense
> src $ [type C-up]
>
> The last line becomes
>
> echo nonsensesrc $
>
> That is, the previous command is displayed before the prompt.
>
> Sometimes, when starting emacs this works fine.
> Sometimes it does not.  When not, it never works
> properly.

Figured it out, need to set the regexp for the prompt.

--
Joe Riel