On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:09:22 +0000, in message 871tla4d31.fsf@gmail.com, Rodolfo Medina wrote: > Dale Snell writes: > > > Out of curiosity, what does the papersize(5) command show for your > > system? It's possible that your system is defaulting to LETTER > > instead of A4, though that seems quite unlikely. I ask because I > > had trouble printing from a SuSE system. It turned out that the > > system default was A4, which I hadn't expected. I set the default > > to LETTER, and all was well. > > I don't have that command: `papersize' on my system. ACK! My apologies; I confused the man pages for the command and the file. papersize(5) is about the file /etc/papersize; paperconf(1) is the command that reads and writes it. You should have it; it appears to have been written for Debian. I still think the key to finding the source of this problem is in your two Debian systems. In one, the file displays correctly; in the other, it doesn't. Find out where they differ for displaying PostScript; that's where your problem is most likely to be. --Dale -- "A proper saute pan should cause serious head injury if brought down hard against someone's skull. If you have any doubts about which will dent -- the victim's head or your pan -- then throw that pan right in the trash." -- Anthony Bourdain, _Kitchen Confidential_