On Nov 18, 2014, at 04:53 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote: >I find bisect very useful on occasion, so would rule out Type A if at all >possible. But I find Type B plausible, and think it's a matter of taste. bisect would be more useful, IMHO, if it followed first-parents by default. IOW, when merging a feature branch into "mainline", I don't care whether intermediate commits on the feature branch don't pass all their tests. I *do* care that every commit on "mainline" passes all their tests. >[1] However, some people think a mainline with only merge commits on >it is pretty, and they just oppose rebasing on principle. \o Cheers, -Barry