On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:22:16 +0100 Marcin Borkowski wrote: > There is one feature of Ido, however, which is very important for me. > Is this possible in Icicles? (I should probably ask "how do I do it > in Icicles?", though...) I mean persistent history of visited > files. I seldom restart my Emacs, but sometimes I do, and I don't > want to lose my history then. (On the other hand, instead of history > per se, I could probably do with the set of all *.tex, *.org, *.el > and maybe a few other files for now – and just in case I start to > e.g. learn Python, I could just add one more extension to the list. > What might be a better workflow?) I can't speak for Icicles, I've never used it. Besides, that's Drew's job. :-) However, you might want to look into "recentf", which is a built-in package. It keeps a list of the most recently opened files. The value of defaults to sixteen, as I recall, but it can be changed. When you access the list (from the menu bar or from C-x C-r) it presents you with that list. You can then select the file you want to open. I've found it quite handy. Anyway, I hope this helps. --Dale -- A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?