On Oct 30, 2014, at 12:32 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote: >Sure, and they're convenient mostly because you're used to them. They >really don't have more content than SHA1s do, but they're easier to >read because they're decimal and relatively small. I'm not going to >deny that, but I think everybody would be better off if some >infrastructure were created to make SHA1s easier to manipulate. That's the point I'm really trying to make; SHAs are simply terrible to communicate between humans. Cheers, -Barry