On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 00:13:29 -0700 (PDT) abdo.haji.ali@gmail.com wrote: > Yes, emacs -Q has the same behaviour > > I wasn't very clear though. The frames close when pressing ESC three > times in a row. It's a habit of mine that is proving to be very > inconvenient I wasn't very clear, either. I tried three ESCs in a row, and all I got was "ESC ESC" in the minibuffer, and the third one cleared it. Perhaps your window manager is watching for three ESCs in a row, and killing whatever window that sequence occurs in? Sounds unlikely, I know, but since "emacs -Q" fails, the problem most likely lies elsewhere. You might want to check your WM/DE settings to see if there's a triple-ESC keyboard shortcut somewhere. --Dale -- Yet creeds mean very little, Coth answered the dark god, still speaking almost gently. The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. -- James Branch Cabell, "The Silver Stallion"