On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:02:31 +0100 Robert Thorpe wrote: > David Hume writes: > > > Robert Thorpe writes: > ... > > > > emacs-gtk has a habit of hanging indefinately. I am suspicious of > > emacs-x11 too. So I am using emacs in a terminal. > > I haven't seen either of those problems. GTK2 had a bug which caused Emacs to hang if it was suspended (iconified) with C-z. I don't think this was ever fixed, but since Emacs has moved to GTK3, I doubt that it matters. I have never heard of a problem with X11 (though that doesn't mean there isn't one). --Dale -- "Come, muse, let us sing of rats." -- James Grainger