all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RE: GNUS & nnmaildir
@ 2014-07-31  8:51 Álvar Ibeas
From: Álvar Ibeas @ 2014-07-31  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

For just reading mail, this minimalistic .gnus.el should do the trick:

[-- Attachment #2: .gnus.el --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 128 bytes --]

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
	'((nnmaildir "local"
		   (directory "~/maildir"))))

* GNUS && nnmaildir
@ 2014-08-01 14:41 Ken
From: Ken @ 2014-08-01 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

1. Stop Fetchmail.
2. Edit my procmail configuration
3. Delete my "." directories (after making sure all the mail was gone
   from them)
4. Restart fetchmail
5. Everything worked

Thank you so much for all your assistance.
Ken

* gnus & nnmaildir
@ 2014-07-31 18:54 Ken
From: Ken @ 2014-07-31 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Well, below is my .gnus configuration. It still isn't working unless
there is something I need to so to "subscribe" to my mail?????

(message "[...setting up gnus]...")

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmane.org"))

(setq smtp-mail-server "kensubuntu@gmail.com")
(setq user-mail-address "kensubuntu@gmail.com")
(setq message-send-mail-real-function 'smtpmail-send-it)

(setq
 gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnmaildir "mymailbox"  (directory "~/Maildir/")))
)

(setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmaildir+mymailbox:outbox")

Thanks,
Ken

--
You will be winged by an anti-aircraft battery.

[parent not found: <mailman.6312.1406761846.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* GNUS & nnmaildir
@ 2014-07-30 19:50 Ken
From: Ken @ 2014-07-30 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

I am having difficulty with nnmaildir. Currently, I get my mail with
fetchmail, process it through procmail, and have a maildir setup.

I would like to read the mail with emacs gnus, but the documention is a
bit scanty in this area and I have not really found any examples on thge
internet that works for me.

Can any one help?

Thanks,
Ken