all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to commit using VC in Mercurial, when many files are changed?
@ 2014-04-01  8:07 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-04-01  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: GNU Emacs users list

Hi all,

as in the subject line.  When I do C-x v v, I am asked for the commit
message; after hitting C-c C-c, it turns out that only the changes to
the current file were committed.  (It seems to me that the docstring
says something different...)  It would be natural then (I guess) for
C-u C-x v v to commit changes in all the files, but unfortunately it
doesn't seem to work that way.

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 24.3.1.

Any suggestions (other than using Monky, which I'll probably end up
using...)?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: How to commit using VC in Mercurial, when many files are changed?
       [not found] <mailman.18640.1396339687.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-04-01  8:27 ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2014-04-01  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> in gnu.emacs.help:
> When I do C-x v v, I am asked for the commit
> message; after hitting C-c C-c, it turns out that only the changes to
> the current file were committed.

You have to use vc-next-action from the vc-dir buffer (marking files
explicitly if needed), not a specific file buffer.

See also http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/EmacsVcMode.

--
DW