Thien-Thi Nguyen : > () "Eric S. Raymond" > () Sat, 25 Jan 2014 14:54:01 -0500 > > That is true. But beware of misleading analogies! Archeologists > like the seams mainly because stratigraphy helps them date things. > > Repo contents is first order information. Higher order is: What are > the structures that hold the repo contents (i.e., what is the VCS)?; > What are the factors in its choice?; Why are hackers so human?; ... I agree that may be of intyerest at some far future time. For that reason, and others, I do recommend theat old repositories be archived rather than deleted out of hand. -- Eric S. Raymond