all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Fossil references in the Emacs tree - request for review
@ 2014-01-15 19:59 Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2014-01-15 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I believe I have identified all the Bazaar and CVS revision references in
Emacs head.  My intention is to patch these to action stamps on
conversion day.

ChangeLog:
	revno 108687
admin/ChangeLog:
	revno:105007
etc/ChangeLog:
	r112148
	revno:108936
	revision 106831
	CVS-1.61
	1.61 in CVS
lib-src/ChangeLog:
	revno:106608
	revno 100789
lisp/ChangeLog:
	rev. 110325
	r115470
	of 2012-12-20 (r111276)
	2013-12-11 (r115470)
	revno:114543
	revno:113793
	revno:113117
	r114834
	revno:113431
	revno:113147
masdos/ChangeLog
	revno 101897
	revno 101876
	revno 100306
nt/ChangeLog:
	revno 108687
src/ChangeLog:
	revision 114614 (commit of 2013-10-10)
	revno:113431
doc/lispref/ChangeLog:
	revno 101949

Because ChangeLog entries cumulate rather than being revised I am
pretty sure this set is exhaustive for the entire history of the
ChangeLogs.

I checked the entire rest of the tree for revisions in these forms.
I also looked for bare CVS revision numbers of the form 1.[0-9]+ but
found none of those.

It's easy to miss matches in the clutter, so I made several passes with
different noise filters.  Still, it is possible I missed a few.  It
would be a good thing if someone independently checked my work.

(This report does not include revision comments.  That's another and
larger kettle of fish.)

If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would
... [be] the definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.
	-- Henry David Thoreau