Hello, ** Agustin Martin [2013-11-18 13:11:58 +0100]: [...] >>> Cannot reproduce it here. By the way, once initialized for hunspell >>> ispell.el provides a match for default (nil) value, here >>> (nil [[:alpha:]] [^[:alpha:]] ['] nil (-B) nil utf-8) >> Wouldn't you mind to share how you get this? > Using 20131101 emacs-snapshot, > $ LC_ALL=C emacs-snapshot -Q & > In scratch buffer, type > (setq ispell-program-name "hunspell") > (setq ispell-dictionary nil) > and `eval-region' that region. Then run 'M-$' on a couple of words (file and > dictionary). This will make ispell.el be loaded and ispell process started, > messages buffer shows > Starting new Ispell process [hunspell::default] ... > Checking spelling of FILE... > FILE is correct > Checking spelling of DICTIONARY... > DICTIONARY is correct Tried but without luck, I attached content of *Messages* and *scratch*. > Evaluating in the scratch buffer > (message "%s" (assoc nil ispell-hunspell-dictionary-alist)) > I get (now default here is en_US) > (nil [[:alpha:]] [^[:alpha:]] ['0-9] t (-d en_US) nil utf-8) Got nil. > Note that `ispell-hunspell-dictionary-alist' is not bound until ispell.el is > loaded, and that will not happen until you spellcheck for the first time (or > call a command that forces ispell.el load), so the first part of your check > should do nothing until then. If you get some result there please doublecheck > that you are not loading it from a different site. Exactly that I figured out from ispell.el, so at first I got 'void variable' then added 'boundp'. > PS: What is prin1? I found thin function in Emacs Lisp Manual (info:elisp#Output Functions), I use it because I didn't know how to use 'message' :), thanks for example. After some tests I found that my /real/ Emacs configuration works, this is odd because earlier it didn't. Using the same settings for test files gives failure. I'll back to this problem later on this week. --- WBR, Vladimir Lomov -- Clique Maintenance: The need of one generation to see the generation following it as deficient so as to bolster its own collective ego: "Kids today do nothing. They're so apathetic. We used to go out and protest. All they do is shop and complain." -- Douglas Coupland, "Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture"