On Jun 03, 2013, at 01:35 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote: >Here are some code excerpts. My default face is customized: > >... >(custom-set-faces > ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom. > ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful. > ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance. > ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right. > '(default ((t (:inherit nil :stipple nil :background "Grey27" :foreground "LightCyan" :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil :underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 115 :width normal :foundry "unknown" :family "Monospace")))) > ... This appears to be related to the problem. If I customize the default face and set the family to Ubuntu Mono, then new frames inherit the correct font. This isn't ideal because then I can't use the same Emacs startup files on systems without the Ubuntu Mono font. I still don't know whether this is intended behavior or a bug. -Barry