all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help me fix my .emacs for 24.3
@ 2013-03-20 14:00 Pierre Bogossian
From: Pierre Bogossian @ 2013-03-20 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi guys,

you'll find below the code I have in my .emacs file to set up custom colors.
It doesn't seem to work anymore since I've upgraded to emacs 24.3.1 (Windows build).
The colors I now see are not the ones I want, I guess the default colors are used (for example, strings appear in a kind of dark purple while I want dark green).
Could anyone tell me what to do to fix my .emacs ?

Pierre

(cond ((fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode)
 ;; Customize face attributes
 (setq font-lock-face-attributes
 (list
 '(font-lock-comment-face "Brown")
 '(font-lock-string-face "DarkGreen")
 '(font-lock-keyword-face "Blue")
 '(font-lock-builtin-face "DarkOrange2")
 '(font-lock-function-name-face "Purple2")
 (list 'font-lock-variable-name-face (cdr (assoc 'foreground-color (frame-parameters))))
 '(font-lock-type-face "Red2")
 '(font-lock-constant-face "DarkBlue")
 '(font-lock-warning-face "OrangeRed")
 ))
 ;; Load the font-lock package
 (require 'font-lock)
 ;; Maximum colors
 (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
 ;; Turn on font-lock in all modes that support it
 (global-font-lock-mode t)
))

* Re: Help me fix my .emacs for 24.3
@ 2013-03-20 19:34 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2013-03-20 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Bogossian; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 20.03.2013 um 15:00 schrieb Pierre Bogossian:

> Could anyone tell me what to do to fix my .emacs ?

Have you tried to set the colours in the customisations section as custom-set-variables? There I have for example:

	'(font-lock-string-face ((t (:foreground "Brown"))))

I think it was set using GNU Emacs' customisation interface.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
				– Garfield

* Re: Help me fix my .emacs for 24.3
       [not found] <mailman.22543.1363798366.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-03-21 13:16 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2013-03-21 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu.emacs.help; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wednesday, 20 March 2013 22:00:48 UTC+8, Pierre Bogossian  wrote:
>       (setq font-lock-face-attributes

This variable has been obsolete since Emacs 20, stopped working in Emacs 23 (or maybe even 22.something) and was removed about a year ago for 24.1. See here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-pretest-bug/2005-11/msg00051.html

See etc/NEWS.20 in your Emacs installation for the recommended method of configuring faces, or if you prefer to do everything by hand, set-face-attribute might work (but you'll need to make sure the face has already been created before using this).

* Re: Help me fix my .emacs for 24.3
@ 2013-03-21 22:40 Pierre Bogossian
From: Pierre Bogossian @ 2013-03-21 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Dyballa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs