all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* What is keyboard-local?
@ 2013-02-10 13:15 Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-02-10 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In the docstring of the variable `key-translation-map':

  This keymap works like `function-key-map', but comes after that,
  and its non-prefix bindings override ordinary bindings.
  Another difference is that it is global rather than keyboard-local.

What does the "keyboard-local" mean here?  I have searched the Emacs manuals, Emacs FAQ, and the archive of this newsgroup, but I don't find anything useful.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao

[parent not found: <mailman.19491.1360502173.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]