On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 06:05:01PM +0100, Agustin Martin wrote: > I have been playing with this. Please see attached patch for current status. > There are a couple of minor things I would like to think about first. > > Current changes explicitly set "english" to one of the two main choices > ("en_GB"). This is not something I like very much and I am aware that > people is sensitive about this. I'd prefer to associate it with plain "en", > but hunspell has some pending issues regarding fallback values. > > Since there should be mapppings for all (but nil) default dict definitions, > and this is only done for those dicts I am also considering to show an error > if an expected mappping is not found, but this is a really minor internal > issue just to help finding missing mappings early. > > I will test these changes a bit more and if no problems appear will commit > early next week. Feedback is welcome. I have add a monor change to your suggested patch to generate an error message, if a language doesn't exist in ispell-hunspell-equivs-alist. My tests show, that this parch works as expected. I have attached the modified version of the patch on this mail. Best Regards: Jochen Schmitt