Hi, I want to report, that most used function stop working in Emacs 24 (tested 2 versions 24.1.1 and latest 24.2.1). I use Search in Mini buffer a lot (don't know if people use it or not). If you call search C-s when inside minibuffer like C-h f C-s you can search the content of Minibuffer like search for functions or for buffer name to switch like C-x b C-s (better then ido mode). And in Emacs 24 M-x C-s stop working so I you can't search for interactive function to execute anymore. It was working in 23.3 provided by Ubuntu (package 23.3+1-1ubuntu4). Exact symptoms: $ emacs -Q M-x C-s Typing any character show "Failing I-search" I used 24.1.1 but just compile latest GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.6) and got the same result. Jakub -- Jakub Jankiewicz, Web Developer http://jcubic.pl