all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* search the buffer for the same word
@ 2012-07-12 17:50 Enda
From: Enda @ 2012-07-12 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

If I am under a word in Vim, I can press '*' to search the buffer for that word, is there something similar to this in Emacs?

- Enda

* Re: search the buffer for the same word
@ 2012-07-12 17:53 ` Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2012-07-12 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enda; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Yes.  C-s C-w

or, you can use this hook.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/589691/how-can-i-emulate-vims-search-in-gnu-emacs

@ 2012-07-16  7:00 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2012-07-16  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:50:04AM -0700, Enda wrote:
> If I am under a word in Vim, I can press '*' to search the buffer for
> that word, is there something similar to this in Emacs?

Try C-s C-w

--
Suvayu