all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Icicles and org-mode
@ 2012-04-16  7:51 Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2012-04-16  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm a very happy icicles user and also a very happy orgmode user. But I
have the impression icicles and orgmode don't understand each other so
well.

If I try to refile (org-refile) a headline I should get a list of my
agenda files in the minibuffer if I press TAB. This does not work with
icicles really well.

I send a screenshot of what emacs is doing in such cases.

Many thanks in advance!

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::

[-- Attachment #1.2: emacs-icicles1.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 468339 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* RE: Icicles and org-mode
@ 2012-04-16 16:40 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-04-16 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: joseleopoldo1792, help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: 'Bastien'

> I'm a very happy icicles user and also a very happy orgmode
> user. But I have the impression icicles and orgmode don't
> understand each other so well.
>
> If I try to refile (org-refile) a headline I should get a list of my
> agenda files in the minibuffer if I press TAB. This does not work with
> icicles really well.
>
> I send a screenshot of what emacs is doing in such cases.

Sorry for your trouble.  Please follow up off list so we can try to find the
problem and fix it.  You can always report back here if anyone else is
interested.

Let me know your Emacs version and try to provide a clear step-by-step recipe,
preferably starting from `emacs -Q' (no init file).  Describe what happens at
each step and what you expected to happen instead.

[If you cannot reproduce the problem from `emacs -Q', let me know about any
customizations of Icicles and Org, and try at least to repro it from `emacs -Q'
+ Icicles + Org + their customizations (i.e. without any other stuff).]

I do not use Org mode myself, but I will take a look.  Ccing Bastien Guerry, who
is involved with Org development and might also be able to help with this.

Thx - Drew

* Re: Icicles and org-mode
@ 2012-04-16 17:51   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-16 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Igor,

> Let me know your Emacs version and try to provide a clear step-by-step recipe,
> preferably starting from `emacs -Q' (no init file).  Describe what happens at
> each step and what you expected to happen instead.

Please also let us know what Org version you use.

M-x org-version RET

If you point to the icycle files I need to install in order to reproduce
your problem, I might have a look.

 Bastien