In bug 10954, you said: The combination Gtk+ and Unity triggers a bug in one of them (not sure who has the bug). If we set WM hints with base_height, one of them can't count and goes bananas. I have checked in a fix in the trunk, which will be Emacs 24. Please try it if you can. Is there any chance you can point me to the bzr revision with this fix? What is the likelihood that this could be backported to Emacs 23? I would be willing to sponsor this fix into Ubuntu 12.04 for Emacs 23 if it's relatively easy to backport or if you could give me a hand with that. I am highly motivated by personal pain to make this work. ;)