Hello all, When doing something like: command -option1 reallylongargument \ -option2 evenlongerargumentfoo \ -option3 oddlengthreallylongargument \ -option4 reallylongargument \ I really like to keep my code to 80 columns and line up those line-ending escape slashes so it looks neat. A few years ago someone showed me a really cool trick to be used when making shell scripts tidy: When in shell mode you could do something such that it would handle the column of \ in a special way and always keep them lined up and move them all in or out together whenever the length of the longest line changed. I have forgotten how it was done. Anyone know? Thanks! -- Tracy Reed Digital signature attached for your safety. Copilotco Professionally Managed PCI Compliant Secure Hosting 866-MY-COPILOT x101 http://copilotco.com