Hi Valentin, maybe my description was too short. I want Emacs to remember my actual window configuration when I close and reenter it like desktop-save-mode does for many other things. As far as I know winner-mode is only to remember window config within the currently running session. Thx && greets Basti Am Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:32:27 +0200 schrieb Valentin Plechinger : > Try winner-mode, I haven't tried it that much yet and from your short > description I'm not sure what exactly you want to do but give it a > try. http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WinnerMode > > best regards > > At Sat, 16 Jul 2011 20:47:36 +0200, > Bastian Ballmann wrote: > > > > [1 ] > > Hi emacs lovers, > > > > i know and like desktop-save-mode and it can really save a lot of > > stuff not only open buffers but i cant find an extension that will > > save my window configuration. any hints or links on that? > > > > tia && have a nice day! :) > >