Apologies for the off-topic and slightly self-publicizing follow up. ;) On May 03, 2011, at 10:43 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote: >I do not say this as an advertisement for Google (though I now always >use Google groups whenever I need to create a mailing list). I am just >saying "look, here is a good example of how mailing lists+web forum >could work!". GNU Mailman is free software for managing mailing lists. It's also a GNU project. Version 3 is currently in heavy development, and we're happy to also be adding three GSoC students this summer. If you'd like to help improve the state of free software mailing list managers, now would be an excellent time to get involved. Please contact me off-list or via mailman-developers@python.org for further details. now-back-to-your-regularly-scheduled-emacs-discussions-ly y'rs, -Barry